18 Things I Learned at 18


Here's to 19 years on this beautiful planet! Thank you to everyone in my life that has shaped me into the person I am today. I've learned so much and this past year was certainly no exception. So, I would like to share with you 18 things I learned at 18...

1. The view is always the best from the top; climb. 
2. You don't need another individual to define who you are. 
3. Meditation and mindfulness saves lives. 
4. Music is the cure. 
5. If you want it, you have to work for it. 
6. Nobody actually cares. 
7. Do it for yourself.
8. He's just a boy.
9. Take pride in being the woman and goddess you were made to be.
10. Write to heal yourself properly.
11. Talk about your feelings to the important people in your life; they want to know. 
12. It's okay to cry.
13. You have to help yourself before you can help anyone else. 
14. Be honest; it always turns out better in the end. 
15. Don't make assumptions. Stick with the facts you actually know. 
16. Put down the cell phone. 
17. Give everyone a second chance. 
18. "You have to try. Because if you try, if you leap and you try and it doesn't work out, it's not on you."