Waiting for a Gentleman


He promises me he is going to come back a GENTLEMAN. I want so badly to trust that, to trust him. But he wrecked me once. And a GENTLEMAN doesn’t break things. They don’t ruin pretty girls and make them cry. A GENTLEMAN treats a lady how a lady should be treated. He holds her at the highest regard and only wants the best for her. I would like to believe that something like this is still obtainable, within reach for every woman, not just me.

My “gentleman” tells me that I’m important, that I’m what he wants, but who can be sure if that’s really the case. I do suppose that is the chance I take when giving a MAN a second chance. Something about the attraction, the connection, makes it worth it to me. It’s goes something like this, you care so much, your MAN matters so much, you’re willing to overlook the fact he may not be GENTLE with your heart. There’s also something about the risk, the adrenaline rush that you get from taking a chance. Standing out there on that emotional ledge holding your heart right off the edge of the cliff. Hoping, wishing, praying that if you drop it, he will catch it.

And so, I’m waiting, at the cliff with heart in hand for my MAN, who I hope to god is GENTLE. Gentle with my heart. Gentle with my body. Gentle with my feelings. Gentle with my emotions. GENTLE with me. Because wouldn’t it be a shame to give your everything, but not receive it in return? I guess I will just have to WAIT and see.